Technothlon'16 Prelims Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 9

Go down

Question 9 Empty Question 9

Post by TECHNOTHLON Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:24 am

Question 9 :
As they were moving through the jungle, they met an old drunkard who insisted everyone should to swap their hats. The troop contains 64 people. In order to save time, each pair within the troop swaps hat with each other only once (i.e. no swapping is repeated). After a round of madness, Tintin notices that it is no longer possible to return all hats to their respective owners through more swappings. To sensibly resolve this maddening confusion, he decides to bring in even more hat-wearing guests in his troop, to allow for even more hat swappings. How many extra guests are needed to return all hats (including the extra ones) to their rightful owners?
Note : Assume a person has exactly one mushroom.

TECHNOTHLON
Admin

https://technothlon2016.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question 9 Empty Re: Question 9

Post by ABC Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 pm

I think its ans shud be 3.. Coz if we let those ppl sit in a circle n let the exchange begin, the initiator will get its hat back.. If we allow a guest n let ppl exchange caps with him, only one person will nt receive his hats back... To get the hats to their resp owner, we need 2 more guests.. So total 3..

ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by OO7 Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Guess what i too got 3

OO7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down